Adult Attachment: Attachment Anxiety & Attachment Avoidance
- I need a lot of reassurance that I am loved by my partner.
- I find that my partner(s) don’t want to get as close as I would like.
- My desire to be very close sometimes scares people away. .
- I do not often worry about being abandoned. (r)
- I get frustrated if romantic partners are not available when I need them. .
- I worry that romantic partners won’t care about me as much as I care about them.
- It helps to turn to my romantic partner in times of need. .(r)
- I want to get close to my partner, but I keep pulling back.
- I turn to my partner for many things, including comfort and reassurance. (r)
- I try to avoid getting too close to my partner.
- I usually discuss my problems and concerns with my partner. (r)
- I am nervous when partners get too close to me. .
Source: Wei, Meifen, Daniel W. Russell, Brent Mallinckrodt, and David L. Vogel. “The Experiences in Close Relationship Scale (ECR)-short form: Reliability, validity, and factor structure.” Journal of personality assessment 88, no. 2 (2007): 187-204.