Self-Extension Tendency Scale
- I have a special bond with my favorite possessions.
- I consider my favorite possessions to be a part of myself.
- I often feel a personal connection between my special possessions and me.
- Part of me is defined by the special possessions in my life.
- I feel as if I have a close personal connection with the possessions I most prefer.
- I can identify with important possessions in my life.
- There are links between my special possessions and how I view myself.
- My favorite possessions are an important indication of who I am.
Source: Our possessions, our selves: Domains of self-worth and the possession-self link. Rosellina Ferraro, Jennifer Edson Escalas, James R. Bettman, Journal of Consumer Psychology, 21, 2011, 169-177 – appendix
BASED on: -Sprott et al, 2009